Wednesday 13 March 2013

Free Candy and yet More Hens!

It would be worth you taking a trip over to Dawn the Crafter's Blog where she is kindly offering some free candy.  I for one would love to win this as it has quite a lot of blue and that just happens to be my favourite colour.  Weird really because I wasn't really aware that it was my favourite colour until I tidied my stash a while back and discovered how many "blue" things I had accumulated over the years.  The problem is I don't really make anything blue!  Told you it was weird.

As my title suggests Hazel, Pat and I finished off another stack of hens.  This time for a different charity that Hazel's daughter Fiona is raising funds for.  Pat and Hazel had knitted loads of hens and I managed about 5 or 6 I think. We had a session on Saturday afternoon finishing off the hens and then Hazel packed them in her lovely basket for their journey to Fiona's house.  Here they are ready to go. 

 
 
There were dozens in the basket and they looked as if they were trying to escape.  Is it just me or does this picture remind you of the bit in I Robot where all the old robots are in the big steel containers?
 
Hazel has since told me that Fiona managed to sell nearly all of the hens and raised quite a lot of money.  Once I know the exact amount I'll let you know.
 
That's it for today.  Thank you for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Sylvia they look so cute hope you don't mind have sent picture to my daughter she'll just love them.
    thanks for the plug to for my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn - yes they turned out well and everyone was so different. Don't mind at all about sending the picture to your daughter. x

      Delete