Thursday 8 November 2012

Variation on a theme!

After a hard start to the morning with intense physio I made it home safe and sound but very achy!. Just going to have a quick rant about the car parking at Watford Hospital.  Building works are taking place and I do realise the necessity of this work, but why do they have to cordon off most of one of the car parks when they are not even doing anything in that area?  Nightmare and be warned do not even try to get parked if you are going in the afternoon.  Rant over.

Wanted to share a project that I have been working on which is where the title for this post comes from.  My friend Hazel found the project in a book called Stitch with Love by Mandy Shaw - link to her blog is here http://dandeliondesigns.typepad.com/ . 

In this book there are several lovely projects but the ones that I have made are "loosely" based on the Christmas Wreath.  Mandy's example uses plain linen and felt decorations.  I have since made three wreaths just using Christmas fabric and ribbons (see picture). Not that pleased with this photo but it will give you a bit of an idea.



I then decided to make one for a friend who has just had a baby girl.  I used pink and white fabrics and have asked mum-in-law to knit some bootees that I can hang in the centre of the wreath.  I know this must be hard to imagine but I will post a picture of the completed item very soon. 
 
Note to self - Learn more about uploading photos etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment